Friday, August 31, 2012

It's the NFL, Baby!

On Wednesday evening this week, I had the opportunity to experience my first ever NFL game! I'm sure you're thinking, you... football... Yes, as a matter of fact, I like football, and I really like the NFL. So, this has been something I've wanted to do for quite some time now. I've been to plenty of baseball games, college football games, and even attended a NASCAR race (don't judge), but the NFL game is a first.

The Washington Redskins played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Although, it was a preseason game, it was still a blast! Matt was on duty and couldn't come, but my friend, Kimberly was able to join me. We headed to FedEx Field after work. It took about 1.5 hours to get there, and the traffic wasn't too bad (I can only imagine how it would be during a regular season game when the stadium is packed). We still didn't get there early enough to do much tailgating, but we were determined to plop out my beach chairs just so we could say we experienced it (all 15 minutes worth)!







When we got in the stadium, the sunset was beautiful, and I was able to get this shot!



We were being silly throughout much of the game. Kimberly desperately wanted to do the wave, so she initiated it all on her own, too bad the entire stadium didn't catch on until 15 minutes later! ;)




It was a fun, fun time! Now, I'm hoping I get to attend a regular season game next!!




Well, Matt and I are on our merry way to good 'ole NC! Can't wait to spend some quality time with our families. We will be soaking up the last few days of summer, and enjoying this Labor Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment