Monday, September 10, 2012

"Can I take your trash?"

We had yet another fabulous weekend. I am so happy that Matt and I had the opportunity to spend some time with Sarah and her boyfriend, Alex. Sarah and I were able to pick up right where we left off when we last saw each other. It’s really great knowing I have friends like Sarah. No matter the distance between us, we will always share a special bond that only grows stronger as time passes. They didn’t arrive until late Friday evening which was perfectly fine with me, because our apartment needed a thorough cleaning. Sure, you can call me anal.… Matt knows just how OCD I can be about particular things, i.e. the dishwasher, how to fold towels, and how to make our bed (just to name a few… wink, wink).

I also made "dump" cake while waiting for Sarah & Alex
to arrive!
On Saturday we left Lexington Park around 11:30 a.m. to head to the Nationals game in D.C. We were all impressed, especially with our lunch! Since we didn’t have an opportunity to eat before the game, we decided we would just settle for vendor food. Although, we didn’t have to settle at all! They have a restaurant out in center field called Red Porch. We were all surprised at how affordable the menu was and how delicious everything tasted, not to mention we were seated in center field with an excellent view of the game.







 
The game was rain delayed in the 9th inning, so we didn’t get to see the end of the game. Instead we bought $5 ponchos and made a mad dash for the metro. I think that was the best $5 we spent the entire night. Until that awkward moment later in the evening when Sarah is holding the ponchos and a waiter asks her if she would like him to throw out her trash… classy.





 
We made it back home that night by 10:30 p.m., but we were all so exhausted that we passed out almost immediately after walking through the door. I think we all caught a glimpse of the grumpy, tired Matt. He’s a completely different person. It’s scary and funny all at the same time.
We spent Sunday morning at church. Afterwards made a quick stop by a local farmer’s market and ate lunch at Blue Wind. Sarah and Alex left shortly after lunch. It was sad to see them go, but we had such a great time together.





 
Sarah, I can’t wait until your next visit. J

 

On a side note, Matt and I had an eventful Sunday evening with all the Southpoint Church students at Launch, but I think I’ll save that for later. It deserves its own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment