Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Week + Matt's Bruschetta

It's been a slow week here at the Stevens' household. Luckily, Matt has been on 'holiday' duty. It has been awesome to have him home almost every night. I think I'm spoiled... He made dinner for us, did some laundry, and was pretty much the awesome husband I already knew he was... ;) Also, those bar stools I mentioned last Friday, well, they arrived! I am so happy with them. I was a little worried they might be too short, since we have such a high counter; but they are just right!


The bar stools from World Market!



Those of you who know me well, know that I try to stick to a vegetarian diet with little dairy in the mix (let's not get too crazy and say I don't EVER eat meat or cheese i.e. the ooey gooey mozzarella below). I'm always searching for something new to make, and this recipe from Clean, Green, Simple definitely added some variety to the mix! It's called buffalo cauliflower, and it turned out great!

buffalo cauliflower



I also wanted to share Matt's recipe for his take on bruschetta. It was amazing, and not to mention, it was super simple and quick!

the cute chef ;)

Matt's Bruschetta
1/2 loaf of Sourdough bread
2 medium tomatoes
About a handful of fresh basil (torn)
Mozzarella Cheese
Olive Oil
Balsamic
Salt & Pepper
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 
1. Slice bread into 1/2" slices and place on a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle sliced bread with olive oil.
3. Slice tomatoes and divide evenly among the bread.
4. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.
5. Place basil on top of tomatoes.
6. Top with mozzarella.
7. Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.

dinner is served
 
 
Be sure to let me know if you try out the recipe! I'm telling you it's a keeper, especially for those nights when you really don't feel like cooking. You can whip it up in no time. :)
 
 
 
 
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment